Fullerton College is a National Center of Academic Excellence for Cyber Defense
The Department of Homeland Security and the National Security Agency have designated Fullerton College’s Cybersecurity program as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense (CAE-CD).
Student Information for Business Division Internships
The Business Division is offering several courses, Business Internship (BUS 295 F), Computer Information Systems Internship (CIS 295 F), Paralegal Internship (PLEG 210) that allow registered Fullerton College students the opportunity to receive college credit while working with a local employer in a career-related position. Students may take multiple internships during their enrollment at Fullerton College.
The Business Division Internship program is for Fullerton Community College Business Division Students who have completed coursework here at the college and desire an internship for completion of their degree or certificate or to build their resume.
For questions, please contact:
- Business: Gary Graves (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Business: Mike Oates (email@example.com)
- CIS / Cyber Security: Anna Carlin (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Paralegal: Michael Moore (email@example.com)
Once you are enrolled in the course, please complete your Internship Placement Form on FCCareerConnect. A guide has been developed for students with instructions on how to complete the Internship Placement Form on FCCareerConnect. If you are a student who is interested in the Internship Program, please click Internship Program Student Guide (https://careercenter.fullcoll.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/34/2020/05/Internship-Placement-Form_Instructions_Students_How-to-Access-FCCareerConnect.pdf) and follow the steps. These steps will lead students to FCCareerConnect, find internships, and complete the application as well as other internship forms. Students are then responsible for registering for an internship course at their scheduled registration date and time for the selected term.
Only Fullerton Community College business students are eligible to enroll in internship courses (BUS 295 F or CIS 295 f) after core classes such as BUS 100 F or CIS 100 F or other appropriate courses have been completed.
Before your internship begins
You will need to find an internship, before you enroll for the class. (FCCareerConnect is an online career services portal exclusively for Fullerton College students accessible through MyGateway. Students can search thousands of jobs and on-campus recruiting (OCR) listings from local employers. Jobs are listed by the National Association of Colleges and Employers NACE Link and from employers within a 40-mile radius.)
Credit Units / Hours Worked
You may earn 2 to 4 units of credit for this course. Per the Title V California Code of Educational Regulations for Community Colleges, credit is given for work experience as follows-
To Receive You Must Work
2 Credit Units Course plus 60 hours if unpaid Class plus 75 hours if paid
3 Credit Units Course plus 120 hours if unpaid Class plus 150 hours if paid
4 Units Course plus 180 hours if unpaid Class plus 225 hours if paid
- Students should enroll in either BUS 295 F or CIS 295 F depending on their certificate/degree.
- You will be assigned a Faculty Advisor at that time who will work with you to complete your Internship requirements.
- FC Career Connect: https://careercenter.fullcoll.edu/jobs/
- The Career Center at FC: https://careercenter.fullcoll.edu/
- For interested students, please click Student Internship Program Information to learn more. (https://careercenter.fullcoll.edu/internships-students/)
- For interested employers, please click Fullerton College Internship Network. (https://careercenter.fullcoll.edu/internships-employers/)